This opportunity is best suited for individuals who have the flexibility to accept assignments on an “as needed basis.”
Income derived from this position should be considered a supplemental income only.
Court Recorder/Administrative Assistant – Independent Contractor
CGS is seeking a Court Recorder to provide administrative support for a job opening in the Port orange, Florida area. The ideal candidate will possess sufficient keyboard skills to type accurate summary notes, be familiar with computers and own a smartphone.
- Setup audio equipment prior to the hearing and other minor administrative tasks.
- Create a digital audio recording of the hearing using federal software and computers in order to provide an index of events during the hearing.
- Escorts claimants to the hearing room and self-identifying as a VHR.
- Gather and distributing exhibits and support materials during the hearing.
- Show professionalism and courtesy when dealing with claimants.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all personal and government information.
Requirements of a Court Recorder/Administrative Support – Independent Contractor
- Hold a High School Diploma or documented equivalent such as a G.E.D
- Punctual, trustworthy, and have a reliable means of transportation
- Sufficient keyboard skills to type accurate summary notes, be familiar with computers and own a smartphone
- Most daily functions will be performed on a computer
- English speaking, reading and writing fluency required
- Good typing skills (minimum 40 wpm)
- Veterans and bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Compensation of a Court Recorder/Administrative Support – Independent Contractor
- Payment for services is based upon the number of completed federal hearings. Hearings are referred for a full day or several days at a time with an average of 3-6 hearings per day. VHR’s are paid $18 per completed hearing.
Previous court reporting, administrative or transcription experience preferred.
Veterans, semi-retired and retirees encouraged to apply.
Federal Background check is required.
Please complete our application so we may proceed to work with you as a VHR contractor.
Please do NOT call or email. Completing an application is the ONLY way to proceed.
With a referral list of more than 5,000 professionals positioned around the world, Carmazzi Global Solutions excels in the full spectrum of business support services. www.carmazzi.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are a certified Minority Woman-Owned Small Business and strongly encourage all veterans to apply.